Monday, September 21, 2009

Good-Bye Old, Hello New


I've only had one job my whole entire working carreer, a real job I guess you can say! Yes I have babysat, mowed lawns and other odd jobs but Sew N Save was my first "real job" but just a couple weeks ago after 5 years of being raised by Sew N Save, I had to say good-bye! It was so hard but I know it will be for the best! I loved working there, I had so many second moms!! I remember so many times that I would have a horrible day and I had to go to work and why not vent and let it all out there? I was going to be there for four hours! The ladies at Sew N Save I think knew me better than I knew myself! When I was deciding where to go to college, what decided it for me was I couldn't quit Sew N Save! At the time I didn't know why I needed to stay there for so long, but I understand (2 years later) why! That is where I met my husband, Dallas. It all makes perfect sense, I needed to stay there just long enough to meet him and I am so grateful I listened to my heart and stayed! Cause he means the WORLD to me! Yes there were some days I hated Sew N Save, where we would be so busy, or I wouldn't get a long with one of the co-workers and I'd beg another job to come along! haha, thats how all jobs are I think!

I started at Thomas Arts (I nannied here last year, and loved it) a couple weeks ago, it is Farmington, an advertising industry and they are always very busy! I was hired as a marketing officer, so I help with the shipping of advertisment, and driving around to deliver or pick up whatever needs to be done! I think of myself as a PERSONAL ASSISTANT, like in the moive The Devil Wears Prada. I pick up lunch often times for meetings and other types of odd jobs. I can't say I love it as much as Sew N Save, it is a very different industry and I am learning a lot of new things. This is a good experience for me, although it has nothing to do with what I am majoring in! haha kinda funny! It'll take me a while to start to LOVE this new job, but what keeps me going is I am doing this for a purpose to help my new family! So for that I love it! I am gettig used to the 6 hour long days, instead of the 4 hours at Sew N Save that seemed to drag on long enough!

Other than that, Dallas and I are still doing great, and keeping busy! We are always running around doing errands or off playing when we have the chance! This weekend I am so excited we are going to get away to his family cabin for the weekend, to just relax and let the stress just fade away! haha!

2 comments:

Liz said...

woo for new jobs!
kyla, i'm glad i found you.
i guess that makes me kind of a creeper...
cute blog!

Heather said...

I'll miss you Kyla. Sew N Save was my first job and I still have it 14 years later. Ha ha. It's good though and the best part is the people I work with. I love it even though it can be an incovenience at times.