Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Loss of My Favorite Math Teacher

This is Diane Pugmire, or to me I called her just plain ol' Diane! She passed away early this morning in the Odgen Regional Hospital. The cause is unknown, her lungs just kept filling up with fluid and they couldn't drain it. When I heard she was in the hospital and had a 50/50 chance my math class immediently asked if she we could say a prayer in her behalf and hopefully see her back in our classroom again. This is the lady that finally...in college helped me understand math and why I was doing what I was doing. She taught me math for elementary teachers and I'll always carry around her ideas and methods. She is more than just a college professor she is a friend to every one of her students! She understood that sometimes life hands us a few more lemons than we can handle and was always willing to work with us! I remember not doing so well on one of her tests and feeling so devestated and I went to her classroom and she went over that test with me, and helped me understand what I did wrong and we sat there until it cliqued! All of her students loved her and this is such a great loss to everyone who has had her or has her now...like me! Just can't believe that something can overtake your body so quickly! I love the knowledge I have of this gospel, that we will again see the ones who went before us, that knowledge is one that comforts me through trials like this! She was an inspiration to me and made me love math and actually be inspired to become a teacher, there is so many rewards in teaching she would always see! She NEVER gave up on any one of her students, she knew they would get it and understand it just takes time! I will miss her so much, and seeing her in class, and the excitment she brought into the classroom! I am comforted and a little bit jealous she is now in the loving arms of our heavenly father!

No comments: