Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WHAT!?!?!?! 2 years

Oh my goodness I can hardly believe that Dallas and I have been married for 2 years, time really goes too fast sometimes! We have had so much fun these past two years, and I am so grateful that he married me (even though I am annoying...more often than not haha!) We decided to do something low key this year and just go away for the weekend! We stayed at the Chateau at Silver Lake in Deer Valley (a super nice area), our room was FABULOUS!!! But I had a BIG-HUGE surprise for Dallas, you'll see below!! We took a lot of pictures, and I just wanted to post all of them, cause our time was so much fun!!!! 
     Well the weekend started late but started great with a wonderful bouquet of flowers from my adorable husband, and then we hit the road for PARK CITY!!!!!!!!

Right above the parking garage was our room, we were on the bottom, so the balcony you see in the picture wasn't our room...but pretty sure the rooms are the same.
This is our DARLING kitchen!! It had a full fridge, cabinets, stove, and a dishwasher, it was crazy!! Off to the side is a table for 8 people (so nice!)
As soon as we got into the room this is right where Dallas went, sit down and watch T.V. It made me laugh because my dad does the same thing whenever we go on a trip...gotta make sure the t.v. works. (oh brother)
This is our HUGE california-king bed, it was so comfortable!!! When we slept I didn't even know where Dallas was, so you can really spread out!! 
     I didn't take pictures of the bathroom, surprisingly, but the bathroom was really nice! It had a jetted tub, a shower with a seat, two sinks, a towel-warmer, and best of all 2 robes!! I was in heaven, and believe me I showered twice a day, just to soak it all in!!

On Saturday I finally got to share my secret with Dallas (i've been keeping this from him for at least a month, which killed me cause I was so excited!) But I had booked a glider plane ride at the Heber Valley airport, crazy fun huh??? But when I told Dallas the first thing he said is, "we're gonna die!" That thought had never crossed my mind, but now that it had I got very very nervous!! We almost backed out but I am so glad we didn't!!  Our pilot was so nice, it is two retired pilots that just do this for fun now!! It was an absolute blast and so fun to see everything from so high!!!


 This is our plane we were going to ride in, we got towed up by a bigger plane and then once the tow rope dropped we floated all around the Heber area!
 Us on take off!
 Our pilot said we got up to a mile and half up in the sky...scary! Our pilot showed us lots of landmarks, and really gave us a great tour!
 It was squishy in the plane, but hey were married and its our anniversary, I want to be as close to him as possible...hehe!

After the plane ride we stopped and got a raspberry shake from Dairy Keen in Heber (definitely recommend, that place is awesome!) We had to hurry and get out of town cause the parade was about to start but I want to go back and visit Heber!

So while we were flying our pilot asked where we were staying and he flew us as far as he could toward our hotel, which was just right over the mountains, and he gave us a fun way to go back to our hotel without getting on the freeway. It was a small dirt road, with several stopping points, so we stopped at one and went for a little hike...it was an absolute blast! Of course we decided to be just a little silly!



 This is his knew pose...shooting for the stars!

Dallas loved, loved, loved his robe sitting there like he is king! He has the remote in one hand, and pink lemonade in the other.
 Part of our hotel stay came with a 100 dollar credit towards their restaurant, oh my goodness it was so fancy!! We were laughing cause when they seated us they asked if we wanted their wine list, which of course we said no. They sat us in the corner of the room...and we waited forever for our waitress to come to our table, we think its because they knew we wouldn't be big spenders cause we don't drink wine! The food was good, we got three courses each, but let me say my salad was very very interesting...when I think salad I think lots of leafy green and veggies, but all I got was cheese, green pico stuff, and tomatoes! My main course was salmon and that was the absolute most amazing piece of salmon ever!!!



On Sunday (our actual anniversary day) I stuck a DVD I made of Dallas and I into the DVD player in the family room of our hotel, so when he woke up and got breakfast he would see us on the screen. For the rest of the day we spent shopping, saw a movie, and eating it was the absolute most perfect weekend ever! I loved spending time with my husband celebrating our anniversary! I am so in love with him, he is my best friend!! I am so grateful for everything is has and is doing for me, and I really don't let him know enough how much I absolutely am head over heels for him!!! It is so nice to get away, just for a weekend, to relax and forget about all the stresses of work, school, and home life and just enjoy each others company!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABE, YOU MADE IT SUCH A GREAT DAY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.