Friday, October 5, 2012

All About Bentley

I cannot believe how fast time has gone by!! I love watching my little boy grow and discover the world around him each and everyday!!! He has definitely gotten bigger, its amazing how a few ounces makes a difference when your holding and feeding him. 
 
2 Days old-coming home from the hospital
3 weeks old, he has such long legs!



  Bentley has been a good little boy, a normal typical baby! I haven't been getting a lot of sleep, but that is exactly what I expected!! When we left the hospital his doctor was a little nervous about his jaundice.We went back to the doctor two days after leaving and his jaundice was higher than when we left the hospital. The doctor thought it had hit its peak and would start coming down in the next few days, as a new mom I was very worried. I watched it close, its taken a little while to clear up, especially from his eyes but I think he is finally starting to look better.

About a week ago Bentley got a tummy ache, which kept him and us up all night long. It was non-stop crying, I felt so bad for my little guy! We tried everything we could think of but you could tell he just didn't feel very good. I attributed it to my breast milk, I ate mexican food earlier in the week and don't know if maybe that made his tummy upset. While I was pregnant I couldn't eat mexican food because it made me feel sick. I have been trying to watch what I eat, and get really nervous about eating anything spicy. He has started having blow outs- we go through at least two outfits a day which equals a lot of laundry!!

Between the hours of 7-9 p.m. Bentley gets really fussy, might be a little colicky. Our doctor gave us medicine for his colic, but after taking it for a few days he seemed much worse. We've kind of stopped giving it to him to see if it makes him better. But you can count on him being really upset around 8:30 p.m. every night. It is okay though it helps both of us develop patience. Patience for me while I let figure out what he wants, and patience for him while he lets this new mom, figure out what he needs.

He tries to hold up his head, although he can't right now, I love watching him try!! He munches on his fingers all the time, loves the binky when I won't let him chew on his thumb!! He squeals to try to get our attention, its not really a cry, short loud squeak! 




I love love love this baby so much!! I knew I would love him, just never realized how much. I worry about him all the little squeaks, heavy breathing, stuffy nose all makes me a little nervous. Even at night I have to check to make sure he is still breathing!!
We've learned a lot as new parents, well at least I have learned a lots!!
1- Life isn't all about me anymore!(I know duh!)
2-Get things done when Bentley is sleeping or happy looking around
3- Breakfast isn't my most important meal anymore, if I even get breakfast before 11 a.m.
4-I have more patience than I ever thought I did

He loves walks, when he is upset all we have to do is take him outside!!

He loves the sound of the blowdryer...the mad face comes when I begin straightening my hair


Loves playing video games with dad

Has to be held when he sleeps, just during the day though (thank goodness) I love this picture

Always sleeps with his hands above his head, they were always above his head in the ultrasounds...so funny!
Loves bath time since we started using the tub!! His feet splash in and out of the water, it is so cute!!  We thought giving him baths at night would upset him and help him sleep better...but its done the opposite!! I love that he is a water baby!! He usually has to keep one foot in the water at all times!









1 comment:

MulfHerd said...

It's so sweet to see old friends as parents! Congrats on the cute baby!