Monday, December 13, 2010

Thank You Kind Man!

Today while I was driving back from Salt Lake for work I noticed the car was turning really weird. I got out of the car and looked at the tires and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so I got back into the car and continued to drive! The turning grinding noise I heard earlier went away and I figured the car was back in normal working shape...boy was I wrong. While I was on the freeway the car kind of started to pull and I heard this really loud popping noise....there goes the tire! I pulled off the side of the freeway and looked and sure enough the tire was blown (this is the second time this has happened to me in the same company car!) I immediately called Dallas, who I knew would be unable to help because he was in Ogden but it always feels good to talk to him! I then called work and they said they would send some help....yup I'm that girl that has to have the guy change my tire; but after today I think I'm going to learn! As I sat there I hated every car that drove past me, as the car shook and shook! But I was talking to my mom telling her what happened when a car pulled in front of me, my mom warned me to be careful and only roll my window down a crack or two. The guy a tall guy with gray hair, dressed in levis and a polo shirt and probably in his 50's comes to my window and offers his assistance (if this is you, thank you thank you thank you!!) I told him I had help coming and he didn't need to stay, but he insisted and trusting my gut instincts I let him!  He changed the tire for me while asking me about what my job, school, husband, and the holiday season. I found out he lives in South Ogden just like me and just had son return home from his LDS mission in Rome (so jealous!!) He cut his hand in the process of changing poor little ol' me's tire, and had to use a sock to keep blood from getting all over! I never got this man's name so I can send him a thank you card, so this is the only way I can thank him! He saved my day and made me realize just a little more what the Christmas season is all about!
Merry Christmas Sir!!

No comments: