Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's time for Christmas

Our first Thanksgiving was so perfect, our first thanksgiving as a married couple!!! We spent it with his family, eating tons of food and doing the Berrett traditional thanksgiving bowling. I love that tradition, it is a lot of fun to bowl with family although I pretty much embarassed myself...I still had a lot of fun!! Then BLACKFRIDAY!!! We braved the cold...hit some stores and fought over a couple of items...one of which was Dallas fighting someone off for season 3 of the Office, he lost of course! Then we went to eat with his brother Austin, and his cousin Hunter, at good ol' Village Inn, that was so much fun!! We are so proud of ourselves because we got a lot of our christmas shopping done, and got some pretty good things at a great price!! But of course we had to buy ourselves a couple things...like the Office! We love that show!!
After shopping my family has the tradition of the day after thanksgiving you set up the christmas stuff...I love it! I had made these blocks (Dallas thinks they are silly, but I love them!) They are sitting on a table right by our front door of our apartment. In case you are courious the litte guy with blond hair is from the cartoon of Rudolph the red nose reindeer, his mom bought that for him when he was little because dallas's hair used to do that swoop thing (automatically) and his mom gave it to us in rememberence of little Dallas.
Our stockings, I made these last year for us...because I had a feeling the next christmas they would come to good use!!

Here is our fireplace decorated and our christmas tree!!I love our christmas tree...it just totally brightens up our room.



A close up, Dallas mom donated a lot of her old decorations to the help Dallas and Kyla have a Merry Christmas fund! haha, she was wanting to redecorate, so she was soooo sweet and let me come over and go through and pick out what I want. I love her, now our house is complete for christmas.

On saturday Dallas was craving IN and Out (after thanksgiving??? silly boy!!) I gave in and we drove to IN and Out in Draper....but only if we could stop at Dallas's new favorite store IKEA! haha! The line here was incredible, it was so long! We decided to go inside and order our food instead of going through the 1 1/2 long drive through! Dallas ordered a double double animal style with animal style fries, and I decided to make the drive worth it by ordering a double double animal style with regular fries! Not gonna lie, it was worth the drive!!




Here we are, since IN and Out was so crowded there was no seats inside! So we had to eat in the car! We got our way to cool In and Out hats, pretty sweet! Our mementos from that sweet burger!!
After In and Out we decided to top our date off with stopping at the temple to see the christmas lights...my favorite tradition each christmas time especially now with my husband!! It was so much fun, the lights are gorgeous and I loved holding Dallas hand and looking at the temple we both just so recently got sealed in, it is so special.



More of the beautiful lights!!

Dallas thought this picture would be picture perfect because I was wearing my red coat and ther was a huge red tree...picture time!! haha, it is hard when it is just the two of us on our date to take pictures of both of us so we had to take turns. The day was busy but yet so fabulous...I got to spend the day with Dallas and that is nothing less than hallarious and makes a very good day!!!!!







3 comments:

Justin and Ashley said...

So fun! It sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving for sure! Your Christmas decorations are the cutest! I just realized though that I have never been over to see your place. I need to and want to really badly! Maybe over the Christmas break sometime? Okay? Cute pictures- I love looking at your blog!

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations!! I wish we could have a big tree, but there just isn't room, so our little tree will do for this year. and ps. Martin always thinks my decorating and crafts are silly too. Have a great Christmas season!

Liz said...

you place is DARLING!! you look so beautiful and happy! yay!