Friday, June 17, 2011

Trust in Him

I'm not one to complain and I hate others knowing that things may not be going exactly right in my life! I'm one to try my hardest even on the roughest days to put on a smile or pretend like nothing is bugging me...when really everything is bugging me! Partly why this blog went private, so I can have a little more privacy and opportunity to vent to my family and close friends.

      Well to be honest not everything is going right, right now! I'm tired of living in a unforgiving, down economy! I'm ready for things to start going right in our country and for our country to start putting PEOPLE first, not themselves. To be honest we need to get Dallas another job, with both of us working things have been great and we have been able to do things we thought we were only going to be able to dream of doing before marriage. But with me quitting work at the end of the year and wanting a few more life changes, we just need something a little more supportive. But while listening to the news on the radio and Govenor Huntsman talk about the economy and jobs, I became very defeated. He basically said you need to have the EDUCATION and SKILLS to get a good paying job....or (this is my add in) KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN GET YOU IN! Sending a resume through email does not work...they do not know you as a person!!! I'm so sick of this!!! We are both trying our hardest for a better life by going to school, but this won't be until the future (1 year for me and 4+ for my husband) what about the now?

I feel like this is our time to turn to Christ....but our trust and faith in him! Everything we have been doing up to this point in OUR lives has been right! We have been honest and faithful. We attended the Salt Lake Temple last week, I love the spiritual feeling inside! But yet when we are done we are back on the job search, back to feeling like we are hitting dead ends. I know this is just a short amount of time, and things are going to change and Dallas will find a job....just waiting is the hard part. He is my saviour, my redeemer, my brother and I'm putting all my trust into him!

1 comment:

Lindsay Hansen said...

Kyla thanks for inviting me to read your blog. I love it. Thanks for being honest with your feelings...sometimes I feel like all of us put on a fake front when things are tough and discouraging. I know I do that too! I want to be better at being optimistic, yet HONEST with people. Good luck with the job search. I'll keep you two in my prayers. You have such a great attitude. Keep it up. It always works out! Love you!!