Friday, August 10, 2012

3 Years of Marriage Bliss

August 7th (Tuesday) was our 3...YUP...3 year anniversary!! The day itself was boring, with Dallas working all day, and with me working on my classroom. Dallas had off of work Wednesday and Thursday and so we made plans to go to Park City (our traditional anniversary getaway) for a few days.
     Dallas booked the hotel and told me we got a condo near a place we usually stay, bring my swimsuit, and be ready to go by the time he gets off of work. I got our bags packed and believe me, with this heat, I was ready to go and make a getaway! To continue the non-adventurous day we both were having celebrating our anniversary, for dinner we had a classic PB&J sandwich...delicious!! Dallas put our hotel address on the GPS and I knew something was up when the GPS told us to turn onto Canyon's dr...as in the very fancy, pancy, Canyons hotel where they hosted the bachelor a few years back. I questioned Dallas about it and insisted that it was wrong. We turned into a hotel where Dallas told me that something was not right, this was not in the area where our hotel was, and naive me I believed him. He told me he was going to go inside and ask the hotel workers for directions on how to get to our place we were staying, I sat there patiently wondering if I could get us there if I only knew the address. Dallas came out with our hotel keys in his hand, and we had arrived!! I am so spoiled, and honestly this was so bad of me, but the first question out of my mouth was how much is this hotel? After a lot of questioning and prodding, I was very excited and pleased when my husband had done his research (like his wife) and gotten us a great deal!

Dallas really enjoyed our hotel!! What is really nice about the Canyon's area is there is so much to do! For once we did not leave the resort and go elsewhere in Park City, there is tons to keep us busy just around our hotel.


                                                   I loved our GIANT king size bed, there was
                                                  just enough room for both of us to spread out.

On Wednesday we took the Gondola up the mountain. We enjoyed taking pictures  of our scenic view up the mountain, getting that funny feeling in our bellies, getting off the Gondola....after a few minutes going back down (because we can), and then riding back up the mountain. We took another ski lift that took us higher up the mountain where we went hiking, sight seeing, rock skipping, laughing and oh so much more. Unfortunately we were having too much fun to take pictures of everything.



I don't really know what is up with Dallas when he took this picture, but I love the view








     Just like Dallas, I give our hotel and our anniversary a thumbs up! (I would have given it two but I had the flowers in my hand). It felt so nice to get away from the heat, it was seriously at least 10 degrees cooler in Park City. On Thursday before we went home we enjoyed a nice fun time at Olympic park, shopping, and lunch!

No comments: